According to Gordon Orr, in an article that was originally write for McKinsey & Company, the following themes, that we’re highlighted during this year, will remain relevant during 2015:
- Improving productivity and efficiency will remain the key to maintaining profitability for many companies, given lower economic growth (overall and at a sector level) and the impact of producer price deflation on multiple sectors.
- The impact of technology as it eliminates jobs in services and manufacturing will become even greater (but still not in government).
- As a result, the government will keep a sharper focus on net job creation and the quality of those new positions. Companies will hire even more information technologists to keep up in the race to exploit technology better than their competitors.
- The push to lower pollution, and now carbon emissions, will lead to even greater investment in domestic solar and wind farms, boosting the global position of Chinese producers.
- High-speed-rail construction will continue domestically and increasingly abroad, as Chinese companies become the builder of choice for high-speed rail globally.